Wednesday, March 5, 2008

~~Forgiveness Is For The Undeserving‏~~

Received this forwarded email, interesting and meaningful...=) Would like to share with u all...do spend some time to think and digest ya...^.^

"Matthew 18:2121… “Lord, how often shall my brother sin against me, and I forgive him? Up to seven times?”

The Lord’s answer to Peter was simple: Up to seventy times seven. (Matthew 18:22) In other words, all the time!

“Well, Pastor he does not deserve my forgiveness.”

Neither did you deserve God’s. Listen, there is not a single person alive or dead who did not break all 10 of God’s commandments. There is no such thing as a “partial sinner” or “great sinner”. All of us were great sinners when Jesus saved us! And we need to have that revelation because if we know that we are forgiven much, we will love much. (Luke 7:47)

“Pastor, how can you say that I have broken all 10 commandments? I have not committed adultery. I have been true to my wife since the day we were married.”

My friend, Jesus said, “If you lust after a woman in your heart, you have already committed adultery with her.” (Matthew 5:28) That is God’s standard. Man looks outward, but God looks inward. God sees the heart. So everyone has broken all 10 commandments. Everyone is a great sinner.

Now, you are no longer a sinner if you have received Christ as your Saviour — you are now a new creation. But you were a sinner and God forgave all your sins through the death of His Son. You owed God big time, but God forgave you of your huge debt through His Son’s death.

So if someone has wronged you, say this: “I did not deserve God’s forgiveness, but God forgave me through Christ. So I forgive this person also in Jesus’ name.” If you say something like, “He does not deserve it,” it makes no sense. Forgiveness is not for people who deserve it. If they deserve something, then it is punishment. No, forgiveness means that you extend grace. Grace means undeserved favour, like how God extends undeserved favour to you.

If you choose to hold on to bitterness, no one suffers but you. You lose your peace, health and sometimes even your life. It is not worth it! God says to you, “Let go. Forgive them their debts, just as I have forgiven you yours.” Don’t try to do it on your own. Bring the cross of Christ into the situation and you will find the grace to forgive!

No comments: