Tuesday, August 17, 2010

~~Worth pondering~

Recently my caregroup member lend me a book title " Revolution in world missions" by Dr K.P. Yohannan, founder and international director of Gospel for Asia. This book really stirred me in a unique and special way. Below is some of points I resonate well:

1) For Christians that get burned out....It is a privilege
... "I am not in any trouble," He (God) chided, " that I need someone to beg for Me or help Me out. I made no promises that I will not keep. It is not the largeness of the work that matters, ut only doing what I command. All I ask of you is that you be a servant. For all who join with you in the work, it will be a privilge - a light burden for them."

2) For Christians that walk in His will...An encouraging word
...The only way I escaped several disastrous decision was my stubborn refusal to compromise the vision God had given. It something fit in with what God had said to me, then I considered it. If not - no matter how attractive it appeared - I refused. The secret of following God's will, I discovered, usually is wrapped up in rejecting the good for God's best.

One piece of advice did stick, however. Every Christian leader should have this engraved in his subconscious: No matter what you do, never take yourself too seriously. Paul Smith, founder of Bible Translations on Tape, was the first executive to say that to me, and I think it is one of the best single fragments of wisdom have received from anyone.

God always chooses the foolish things of this world to confound the wise. He shows His might only on the behalf of those who trust in Him. Humility is the place where all Christian service begins.

3) For churches that simply go through the motion... An awaking call
...Only when we are emptied of our own self-sufficiency can God use us. When a church or a mission board spends more time in consultation, planning and committee meetings than in prayer, it is a clear indication the members have lost touch with the supernatural and have ended up, in Watchman Nee's words," serving the house of God and forgot the Lord Himself."

Churches need to develop the quiet disciplines they have lost - practices such as contemplation, fasting, listening, meditation, prayer, silence, Scripture memory, submission and reflection.

to be continued...I am only half way through the book ^.^

Little prayer for missionary in the world:
Father Lord, I pray that every single missonary seed that you have laid will fall in the right soil. May Your mighty hand continue to cover and shelter them with Your everlasting blessings and goodness. May Your anointment fall on them daily. Help them to live lives by leaning on Your grace and mercy. May You set their hearts free and light, may they sing of your praises all day long.

In time of persecution, preserve them;
in time of hardship, set them free;
in time of disappointment, encourage them;
in time of spiritual dryness, nourish them;
in time of fear, assure them;
in time of conflict, help them to resolve;
in time of need, provide them;
in time of hurt, heal them;
in time of sad, console them;
in time of sick, restore them;
in all times hold them in Your safety palm.
I commit this humble request of mine in Your mighty name. May it be pleasing in Your eyes.

Psalm 23:6
Surely goodness and love will follow me all the days of my life, and I will dwell in the house of the LORD forever.

No comments: