Saturday, August 14, 2010

~~Run with perseverance~~

Stress is like acid that invades lives and corrodes souls. It comes in many forms and affects people from all walks of life. According to dictionary.com, stress defines as physical, mental, or emotional strain or tension. In other words, it can affect us both internally and externally (inside out). It can eat us up bit by bit or sometimes swallow us alive if we are not careful in handling stress.

I realized I am not good in managing stress in life. -_-'' Whenever I feel overwhelmed or choked by life, the first response is run away. Run to a place that I believe can set me free.

Recently I have been thinking of running away from where I am right now. Life is way too hectic and busy or I am too slow to catch up? Oh Lord, I don't wish to see myself leading such a taxing life 5 years down the road. It is frustrating to know that I need to slow down the pace of my life yet I am unable to do so. It is disappointing to know that I need to pray more yet my body is fighting for more rest. It is irritating to always think that I would prefer God's work yet I am still at where I am right now. It is hurting to live in future and neglect God's best in my life right now. Father Lord, it is uncomfortable to always live with the "already and not yet" feeling that shadow my life. I thought I "already" ready for Your work yet it is "not yet" happening. Father, may You help me to find joy and strength in the place that You have prepared for me right now. Help me to find complete rest and perfect peace in You. My soul yearn and long for Your refreshing and personal touch. May Your love submerges me daily. Whenever stress is over my head,may I run...not aimlessly running away but run to You and You alone. Equip me oh Lord, gear me with perseverance and help me put on the garment of patience, love and hope.

Thank you Oh Lord, thank you for Your firm embrace of grace and warm grip of mercy. Thank you for promising that You will never let me go. Thank you for saying that You will never leave me or forsake me. Thank you for Your ever present outstretched arm in all seasons of life.

感谢主在“波涛汹涌”的生活中为我的心打造一片净土。阿门。

希伯来书 Hebrews12:1-2

我们既有这许多的见证人,如同云彩围着我们,就当放下各样的重担,脱去容易缠累我们的罪, 存心忍耐,奔那摆在我们前头的路程,

[kjv]
Wherefore seeing we also are compassed about with so great a cloud of witnesses, let us lay aside every weight, and the sin which doth so easily beset us, and let us run with patience the race that is set before us,

[bbe]
For this reason, as we are circled by so great a cloud of witnesses, putting off every weight, and the sin into which we come so readily, let us keep on running in the way which is marked out for us,

12:2
仰望为我们信心创始成终的耶稣。(或作仰望那将真道创始成终的耶稣)他因那摆在前面的喜乐,就轻看羞辱,忍受了十字架的苦难,便坐在神宝座的右边。

[kjv]
Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith; who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross, despising the shame, and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God.

[bbe]
Having our eyes fixed on Jesus, the guide and end of our faith, who went through the pains of the cross, not caring for the shame, because of the joy which was before him, and who has now taken his place at the right hand of God's seat of power.

No comments: