Wednesday, August 26, 2009

~~The Parable of the Sower~~

I was telling or to be exact "complaining" to Pastor Chad how exhausted, tired and dry my spiritual life lately. I tried to explain to him how all the external factors such as the pace of life, the way of living, how occupy life can be in the city etc can choke one's spiritual life. Towards the end of the conversation, I started to realize how much I am still leading "US" lifestyle . (with or without knowledge). No doubt, I am here physically yet I am not here spiritually. Too much changes had been taking place lately.

Pastor patiently explained to me what are the challenges awaits life at the rural areas. Indeed, there are thousands and one factors that threaten the existence and advancement of the gospel. The circumstances at different part of the world might be different but the truth holds forever. It is always a good practice to take time off, pause for a while and take inventory of the position of our hearts at different seasons of life. Thank You for once again remind me of Your victory two thousands year ago. The very fact that you died and rose on the 3rd day speaks loudly of Your landslide victory. Thank You oh Lord for such a victory and thank You for crushing Satan on Your feet!

Just some paradox of life that worth ponder over and over again --- courtesy of George Carlin

we have
a) taller buildings but shorter tempers,
b) wider Freeways , but narrower viewpoints.

We
a) spend more, but have less,
b) buy more, but enjoy less.
c) have bigger houses and smaller families,
d) more conveniences, but less time.
e) have more degrees but less sense, more knowledge, but less judgment, more experts, yet more problems, more medicine, but less wellness. We drink too much, smoke too much, spend too recklessly, laugh too little, drive too fast, get too angry, stay up too late, get up too tired, read too little, watch TV too much, and pray too seldom.
f) have multiplied our possessions, but reduced our values. We talk too much, love too seldom, and hate too often.
g) have learned how to make a living, but not a life.
h) have added years to life not life to years.
i) have been all the way to the moon and back, but have trouble crossing the street to meet a new neighbor. We conquered outer space but not inner space. We've done larger things, but not better things. We've cleaned up the air, but polluted the soul. We've conquered the atom, but not our prejudice. We write more, but learn less. We plan more, but accomplish less. We've learned to rush, but not to wait. We build more computers to hold more information, to produce more copies than ever, but we communicate less and less. These are the times of fast foods and slow digestion, big men and small character, steep profits and shallow relationships. These are the days of two incomes but more divorce, fancier houses, but broken homes. These are days of quick trips, disposable diapers, throwaway morality, one night stands, overweight bodies, and pills that do everything from cheer, to quiet, to kill. It is a time when there is much in the showroom window and nothing in the stockroom.

Remember:
a) spend some time with your loved ones, because they are not going to be around forever.
b) say a kind word to someone who looks up to you in awe, because that little person soon will grow up and leave your side.
c) to give a warm hug to the one next to you, because that is the only treasure you can give with your heart and it doesn't cost a cent.
d) to say, 'I love you' to your partner and your loved ones, but most of all mean it. An embrace will mend hurt when it comes from deep inside of you.
e) to hold hands and cherish the moment for someday that person will not be there again. Give time to love, give time to speak! And give time to share the precious thoughts in your mind.
f) Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away.

(Father, forgive me for allowing all the cares of lives to choke my spiritual life. Thank You for continue holding me tightly in Your palm. Thank You for carrying me when I don't feel like walking anymore. Thank You for remain the same - today, yesterday and tomorrow. Thank You for who You are. Thank You for what You had done on the Calvary. Thank You for reveal Yourself to me. Thank You for loving me no matter who I am and what I have done. You alone worth all our praises and worship. I pray that You will go ahead of us, prepare the field and make the path of salvation straight. I pray that no matter what kind of ground we are in, help us oh Lord help us to continue rooted deeply in You. Have mercy on us oh Lord for ultimately You are the only one that holds the growing power. May You send forth helpers and advisors along the way to help while You make things grow. I pray that whoever that has breath will come to know and accept You as their personal saviors. I ask this in Your strong name, Amen.)


Luke 8:4-15

4While a large crowd was gathering and people were coming to Jesus from town after town, he told this parable:
5"A farmer went out to sow his seed. As he was scattering the seed, some fell along the path; it was trampled on, and the birds of the air ate it up.
6Some fell on rock, and when it came up, the plants withered because they had no moisture. 7Other seed fell among thorns, which grew up with it and choked the plants.
8Still other seed fell on good soil. It came up and yielded a crop, a hundred times more than was sown." When he said this, he called out, "He who has ears to hear, let him hear."
9His disciples asked him what this parable meant.
10He said, "The knowledge of the secrets of the kingdom of God has been given to you, but to others I speak in parables, so that, " 'though seeing, they may not see; though hearing, they may not understand.'
11"This is the meaning of the parable: The seed is the word of God.
12Those along the path are the ones who hear, and then the devil comes and takes away the word from their hearts, so that they may not believe and be saved.
13Those on the rock are the ones who receive the word with joy when they hear it, but they have no root. They believe for a while, but in the time of testing they fall away.
14The seed that fell among thorns stands for those who hear, but as they go on their way they are choked by life's worries, riches and pleasures, and they do not mature.
15But the seed on good soil stands for those with a noble and good heart, who hear the word, retain it, and by persevering produce a crop.

Whispering to Abba, Father:
Oh Lord Father, thank you for breathing in deeper and wider meaning to Your word. Thank You for revealing greater meaning in the Scripture. Thank You for such a great Word. Father, I pray that You continue grant me sensitive and tender heart to listen to You voice, Your purpose and Your plan. Help me oh Lord, help me to clear away all the clutters and blockages in my life. Cleanse me, my heart will be clean; purify me, and my heart will be pure. Refine, restore, refresh and replenish me today oh Lord. Help me to keep in step with You. Give me sufficient grace and mercy to lead each passing days. I love You and depend heavily on You, my dear heavenly Father.

No comments: