Sunday, March 22, 2009

~~Spiritual Growth~~


I took this picture yesterday at Washington park (1 of the recreational parks at my neighborhood where annual Tulips festival takes place around May each year). It is baby tulips that sprout out of the soil after the long-awaited winter ice melted away. Finally winter is officially ended (though the weather is still pretty cool and most of the times still below zero degree).

Simply love this picture because it somehow signifies hope and anticipation towards life that lies ahead. I finds it encouraging, motivating and inspiring simply by looking at this picture. Against all odds (harsh winter environment, lack of sunlight, etc), these baby tulips not only made it to the surface but also held their "heads" up high =D It reminds me of the following verses:

John 15:4
4 Remain in me, and I will remain in you. No branch can bear fruit by itself; it must remain in the vine. Neither can you bear fruit unless you remain in me.

1 Corinthians 3 : 6-7
6 I planted the seed, Apollos watered it, but God made it grow. 7 So neither he who plants nor he who waters is anything, but only God, who makes things grow.


Do you ever wonder how these baby tulips are going to look like in 2 months time? I took the picture below last year at the same venue. The end result is simply breathtaking isn't?


My little whispering to Abba, Father:
Father, I long for greater spiritual growth with each passing days. Teach me how to grow deeper in you and may you provides more helpers along the way to lead me, guide me and teach me how to be more like you. I long to radiant and glow in your glory. Father, may you continue to reveal to me how you want me to build up your ministry of righteousness. Fill my house with Your overflowing and ever lasting of love, joy, happiness and peace. I invite You to dwell and make Your present in my house. Till I think of a suitable name for your dwelling place I shall called this sacred place house of love. Though it is going to be a long journey, with You, everything is possible in due time.
Philippians 1:6
6 being confident of this, that he who began a good work in you will carry it on to completion until the day of Christ Jesus.
Oh Lord Father, may you grant me the same or even greater strength that You provides for the baby tulips to grow victoriously especially in face of adversities. Help me to take root and establish in Your great love. Help me to grasp how wide and long and high and deep is the love of Christ, and to know this love that surpasses knowledge - that You may fill me to the measure of all the fullness of God. Mold me and use me for the expansion of Your kingdom Oh Lord. Help me to build my house of love on Your solid rock. Transform this little hut to great mansion that can withstand all kind of life storms and tumoils in Your perfect timing. Help me to continue to fix my eyes on You alone. May Your will be my will. Amen.

No comments: