Friday, August 8, 2008

~~Faith~~


Hebrews 11:1 - Faith means being sure of the things we hope for and knowing that something is real even if we do not see it.

Happened to read this short paragraph written by Max Lucado (1 of my favourite authors). Sometimes I really can't help but amazed by God's creation. Max Lucado is one of the gifted authors that can read the inner most and finest part of one's heart. He has sensitive and tender heart towards God's whispering. Most importantly he responds to God's call. This reminds of Romans 12:6 - 6 We have different gifts, according to the grace given us. If a man's gift is prophesying, let him use it in proportion to his faith. I really thanked God for creating such a vast diversity of people with one purpose - to glorify His precious name.

" Faith is trusting what the eye can't see.
Eyes see the prowling lion. Faith sees Daniel's angel.
Eyes see storms. Faith see Noah's rainbow.
Your eyes look in the mirror and see a sinner, a failure, a promise-breaker. But by faith you
look in the mirror and see a robed prodigal bearing the ring of grace on your finger and the kiss
of your Father on your face."

What a beautiful illustration of faith.
My mini version of faith:

"Faith is waking up every morning believing and trusting that this is the day the Lord had make irregardless of what might lie ahead of me. I chose to greet my day with a big smiling face. It is up to us to define our day. If we think it is a good day, it is going to be and vice versa. When thing really go upside down, we still have the courage to thank God for without Him, thing can be from bad to worst. Isn't this reason more than enough to give thank to Him? Man is none other than a breath. Life can be as vulnerable as glass for some and as tough as the bull for the others. God has make them all. There is a reason and purpose for each creation, be it God's children or yet-to-be His children. Do treasure every single one around you. I pray that God will help me to appreciate their presence no matter what kind of people that I come across. Whenver they see me, they (be it sand paper men or nice samaritans) can recognize the little something that You have in store for me - a glimpse of Christ's light that shines in within. Father, I'm sorry that I stumble almost all the times and I thank You for holding me in Your safety palm. Thank You for the free grace and mercy. Thank You for saying that everything is possible. Thank You for saying I will give you rest. Thank You for saying I will direct your steps. Thank You for saying I am able. Thank You for saying I forgive you. Thank Your for saying I will supply all your needs. Thank You for saying I have not given you the spirit of fear. Thank You for saying cast all your cares on me. Thank You for saying I give you wisdom. Thank You for saying I will never leave you or forsake you. Thank you for all the great promises. May You continue to help me anchor deep in You. For You and You alone is worthy and deserve all the praises. Amen.

No comments: