Sunday, July 27, 2008

~~Simple Life~~



























An insightful article by Anne Stadler...Title: Singing Lesson n_n""

Do take time off to read =) Happy reading ya ^.^

" I watched the birds outside this early morning.
Already cheerfully going about the business of the day, they woke singing; I woke worrying.
A pronounced contrast in attitudes - - a gentle reminder to be aware of and grateful for my many blessings.
Keep the birds at my window, Lord.
I would like to learn to greet your gift of morning with a song."

This remind me of Psalm 40
For the director of music. Of David. A psalm.

1 I waited patiently for the LORD; he turned to me and heard my cry.
2 He lifted me out of the slimy pit, out of the mud and mire; he set my feet on a rock and gave me a firm place to stand.
3 He put a new song in my mouth, a hymn of praise to our God. Many will see and fear and put their trust in the LORD.
4 Blessed is the man who makes the LORD his trust, who does not look to the proud, to those who turn aside to false gods.
5 Many, O LORD my God, are the wonders you have done. The things you planned for us no one can recount to you; were I to speak and tell of them, they would be too many to declare.
6 Sacrifice and offering you did not desire, but my ears you have pierced; burnt offerings and sin offerings you did not require.
7 Then I said, "Here I am, I have come— it is written about me in the scroll.
8 I desire to do your will, O my God; your law is within my heart."
9 I proclaim righteousness in the great assembly; I do not seal my lips, as you know, O LORD.
10 I do not hide your righteousness in my heart; I speak of your faithfulness and salvation. I do not conceal your love and your truth from the great assembly.
11 Do not withhold your mercy from me, O LORD; may your love and your truth always protect me.
12 For troubles without number surround me; my sins have overtaken me, and I cannot see. They are more than the hairs of my head, and my heart fails within me.
13 Be pleased, O LORD, to save me; O LORD, come quickly to help me.
14 May all who seek to take my life be put to shame and confusion; may all who desire my ruin be turned back in disgrace.
15 May those who say to me, "Aha! Aha!" be appalled at their own shame.
16 But may all who seek you rejoice and be glad in you; may those who love your salvation always say, "The LORD be exalted!"
17 Yet I am poor and needy; may the Lord think of me. You are my help and my deliverer; O my God, do not delay.

Oh Lord, may You help me establish inner simplicity in my life. Help me to get in touch with how You want me to live my life, may you grant me boundless energy to do so. Father, give me a clear mind and may you continue give me a sense of direction and purpose I haven't had before. Help me to enhance my ability to love myself and others and help me create genuine pleasure in every moment of the day. Abba Father, give me a new zest of life and new hope that things can be right in the world.

I want You to be the center of my life. I need You to take charge of every single steps and details in my life. Father, may You became my indwelling Lord, my joy, my peace, my will and understanding, my faith and imagination, my power and zeal, my love and wisdom, my order and strength, my life and ability to let go, my help in every need, the source of my health and prosperity.

"It is the desire, not the circumstances that brings us closer to God. What is important is the driving desire to make the changes you need to make. Until you want to make this change as much as you want to breathe, you will not suceed." - by Eleanor K.Sommer

I like these sentences for they reveal the core of human rebellious nature. Not so much of circumstances in life but a revamped of desire in hearts that look beyond the circumstances. In fact, if our gratitude depends upon what happens to us, life will forever be a series of ups and downs.

The righteous will live by faith. I really thank God for such a divine revelation of truth and live.

No comments: