Saturday, April 5, 2008

~~Do Not Worry~~












As time goes by the same old question appears again and again...What's God's will for my life? How can I contribute my share in God's kingdom? This question have been gripping me ever since I came to know Christ. I am always in the search for the answer. God's timing is always perfect and different from our timing. Father, may you grant me the patience and confidence to take thing one at a time. Father, give me a light heart to treasure the process of unfolding your great love towards me. More often than not, in my frantic search for answer I stumble and miss out the joy of being an obedience servant. Happen to come across wonderful passage by Max Lucado:


"My God, I want to do what you want. Your teachings are in my heart -- Psalm 40:8

Want to know God's will for your life" Then answer this question: What ignites your heart" Forgotten orphans? Untouched nations? The inner city?...Heed the fire within! As a young man I felt the call to preach...I sought the counsel of a minister I admired..." Don't preach." he said, " Unless you have to." As I pondered his words I found my answer:" I have to. If I don't, the fire will consume me." What is the fire that consumes you? "

This reminds of Matthew 6:25-34

"Therefore I tell you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat or drink
; or about your body, what you will wear. Is not life more important than food, and the body more important than clothes? Look at the birds of the air; they do not sow or reap or store away in barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not much more valuable than they? Who of you by worrying cna add a single hour to his life?

And why do you worry about clothes? See how the lilies of the field grow. They do not labor or spin. Yet I tell you that not even Solomon in all his splendor was dressed like one of these.

If that is how God clothes the grass of the field, which is here today and tomorrow is thrown into the fire, will he not much more clothe you, O you of little faith? So do not worry, saying, ' what shall we eat?' or ' what shall we drink?' or ' what shall we wear?' For the pagans run after all these things, and your heavenly Father knows that you need them. But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well. Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own. "

Amen ^.^

No comments: