Friday, August 28, 2009

~~Genesis~~


When you slow down the pace of your life, spend a minute or two to breath life into your day, pause to enjoy the scenery around you, spend couple of seconds to just praise and adore God for who He is, He will lay bare His beautiful and precious creation in front of you.

Today I went to work as usual. The only different is I chose to wake up earlier and take my time to work. Since I was not in the hurry, it allowed me to spend some time enjoying the natural creation that greets me daily. Jeremiah 29:13- You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart. Indeed, Father opened up my eyes once again. I saw tones of snails that crawling freely on the refreshed grass that washed clean by the morning rain. I never expect to see so many snails or all the while I am not paying attention to it. It reminds me of how creative our might God is. Everything is lay nicely and orderly in heaven and in earth. No one creation is left unfed (unless we give up such a privilege and choose not to work for living). Above and beyond, He shelters us from danger, clothes us with outpouring grace, dresses us with overflowing blessings, blankets us with mercy and covers us with care. It reminds me of the book of Genesis and fills me with awe and admiration. There is no such perfect coordination, wonderful arrangement and flawless order on the earth unless it is from the God. Have you ever spare some thoughts on all the natural yet supernatural occurence around you?
birds are equipped with wings to fly in the sky;
fish are crowned with gills to breath under water;
ants are furnished with antenna to discern direction;
bees have long proboscis (a complex "tongue") that enables them to obtain the nectar from flowers;
iguana have the ability to disguise themself when threaten;
elephant's gestation period is 22 months, the longest of any land animal;
just to name few...the list goes on and on...
Do you realized that how detailed and tedious our great God is when He creates all the living and non living? All are honored with not one but bundle of gifts to function and live well. Each thing created is not without its purpose and plan. In order to function well, we have to use and refine every single gift that innate in us. It should be even more so when it comes to spiritual gifts. Yield to Paul's instruction - eagerly desire the greater gifts. (Oh Lord, allow me to be "greedy" when come to acquire the fruit of the Spirit. Let love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faihfulness, gentleness and self-control deeply locked in the inner part of my heart. Amen.)
Whispering to Abba Father:
Oh Lord, hide Your peace and calmness in me. Help me to be still though things are revolving fast surround me. Help me to be at rest in face of stormy days. Help me to subdue all the persecutions. Help me to acknowledge and know that You are God who hold the whole universe in Your palm. You are the one and only God that has the power to heal the brokenhearted and binds up their wounds. You are mighty God that determines the number of stars and calls them each by name. Your are the most talented landscaper that covers the sky with clouds, supplies the earth with rain and makes grass grow on the hills. You are the supreme provider that provides food for the cattle and for the young ravens when they call. You spreads the snow like wool and scatters the frost like ashes. Great is our Lord and mighty in power, Your understanding has no limit. Thank you oh Lord for such an out of the world creation. We praise You for Your surpassing greatness. We love and adore You.

No comments: