Sunday, January 18, 2009

~~He reigns~~



It is pretty inspiring to hear Joel Osteen's sermon today. God is speaking to me through him. He say sometimes God allows the current door to close so that He can provide a better open door. He say if the current dream dies off, make another one and move on confidently for God is always with us even when we don't feel His presence!! We should be positive and open-minded about changes that happen now and then. God has the power to transform current mess into a message that will spurr you on. The setback that you are facing right now might be another beautiful setup pre-arranged by God. Hebrews 3:13-14 13But encourage one another daily, as long as it is called Today, so that none of you may be hardened by sin's deceitfulness. 14We have come to share in Christ if we hold firmly till the end of the confidence we had at first. (Oh Lord father, may you continue to show me and guide me how to be faithful in my walk with You till the very end.) This reminds me of an article titles God always answers prayer by Dr. Robert Schuller.

" When the idea is not right, God says, "No."
No - when the idea is not the best.
No - when the idea is absolutely wrong.
No - when though it may help you, it could create problems for someone else.

When the time is not right, God says, "Slow."
What a catastrophe it would be if God answered every prayer at the snap of
your fingers. Do you know what would happen? God would become your
servant, not your master. Suddenly, God would be working for you instead of
you working for God.

Remember: God's delays are not God's denials. God timing is perfect. Patience
is what we need in prayer.

When you are not right, God says, "Grow."
The selfish person has to grow in unselfishness.
The cautious person must grow courage.
The timid person must grow in confidence.
The dominating person must grow in sensitivity.
The critical person must grow in tolerance.
The negative person must grow in positive attitudes.
The pleasure-seeking person must grow in compassion for suffering people.

When everything is all right, God says, "Go."
Then miracle happens:
A hopeless alcoholic is set free!
A drug addict finds release!
A doubter becomes as a child in his belief.
Diseased tissue responds to treatment, and healing begins.
The door to your dream suddenly swings open and there stands God saying,
"Go!"

God reigns, indeed!! After weeks of struggling with the disappointment of not being able to go for mission as planned, I really thank God for granting me this inner peace and gladness in heart to serve Him irregardless of circumstances that revolving around us. I can tell you, it is not easy to come back to the heart of worship once again. It is not so much about what we want, how we feel, how things happen, it is all about Him and Him alone. Proverbs 16:9 - In his heart a man plans his course, but the Lord determines his steps. The verse might sound simple yet the supremely profound meaning behind how many can grasp? How many is ready to let go and let God be God?

~~Jesus knows best ~~
I don't know about tomorrow
I just live from day to day
And I don't borrow from its sunshine
For its skies may turn to grey.

And I don't worry about my future
For I know what Jesus said
And today he walks beside me
For He knows what lies ahead.

Many things about tomorrow
I don't seem to understand
But I know who holds tomorrow
And I know who holds my hand.

Amen.

A longing fulfilled is sweet to the soul. Let's persevere and continue to run this race with confidence, patience and overflowing of passion.

No comments: